In today’s rush and go world, we all need to make sure that we’re setting aside some “me” time. It’s important to set aside some time each week just for yourself, to do the things that make you feel good, mind body and soul.
We all have to spend some time alone in order to unwind, re-connect with ourselves and get motivated and inspired for the upcoming week.
Here are some relaxing and beneficial habits to pick up during your “me time”!
- Meditating. Everyone needs some time to clear their head and completely relax. Meditating is the perfect way to completely still your thoughts and center yourself. Meditation reduces stress, improves concentration, increases self-awareness and improves immune and cardiovascular health!
- Journaling. Journaling is very therapeutic. It is a great way to de-clutter your mind, vent, express your creativity, and increase your self-awareness. People who journal are more insightful, less stressed, and have better problem-solving abilities.
- Exercising. When you think of your “me” time, exercise may be the very last thing you would ever want to do. However, exercising has so many benefits, (including an instant mood boost), that everyone should take the time to do this for themselves. Working out is not only good for you physically, but it increases energy, lifts your mood, increases confidence, sharpens your focus, boosts brain power, and just makes you feel awesome!
- Reading. Picking up a good book is a great way to escape and unwind. Reading improves focus, memory, vocabulary, writing skills, knowledge, and attention span while reducing stress. Next time you’re thinking of sitting down and turning on the TV, pick up a book instead!
- Grooming. Take the time to pamper yourself! Take a long, hot bath, give yourself a pedicure or a manicure, put on a face-mask, whatever floats your boat! Taking the time to care for your body is not only comforting and soothing in the moment, but the effects will last long after, as well! You work hard; treat yourself!
- Spending time outdoors. There is something so rejuvenating about really connecting with nature. Get outside and immerse yourself in all of the sights, sounds, and scents of mother nature. You will definitely feel refreshed after a few hours at the beach, in the woods, in a garden, etc.
- Regrouping. As odd as it may seem, it can be very therapeutic to spend some time cleaning up and organizing. Routinely decluttering your spaces can be very calming and satisfying, and the feeling afterward is always worth it! It’s a great feeling to know that everything is where it should be and a clean space will help you to feel relaxed and calm.
- Recharging. Sometimes, all we need is some good old R&R. In today’s busy world, many of us are running ourselves ragged on our journey to reach our vision of success. When you have the time to rest and recharge, take it!
We all need some “me” time, and it’s important that we take it regularly! Spend it how you want to, but make sure that you are dedicating some of that time to take good care of yourself and your fundamental needs.